Remote Professional, the perfect tool for remote controlling S60 and UIQ based smartphones, can now record videos for online video sharing sites like YouTube, blip.tv and Flash Video web players by using its own Flash ‘ScreenVideo’ Codec.
The new release of Remote Professional now includes improved support for recording videos from the screen of a Symbian based smartphone (S60v3, S60v5 and UIQ3.)
By offering its own built-in Flash Video Codec, Remote Professional can conveniently record lossless FLV videos for web publishing (YouTube, blip.tv and others.)
The new video recording feature now allows to capture screen orientation changes as well as adding a phone skin to the recorded video. The video frame rate, size and background can be freely configured. For video editing, Remote Professional can save an uncompressed and lossless AVI movie.
Along with the improved video recording, version 2.96 introduces two new features:
Copy & Paste support and opening any URL in the phone browser from the PC (both S60v3 and S60v5 only.)
New Features in Remote Professional 2.96:
- Record a Flash video from the phone screen for online publishing (blip.tv, …)
- Support for creating YouTube High Quality videos (480 x 360, 30 fps)
- Built-in Flash ‘ScreenVideo’ Codec for creating lossless Flash videos (FLV files)
- Automatically handles screen orientation changes (Landscape <-> Portrait)
- Create uncompressed and lossless AVI movies for further video editing
- Add a phone skin to the video recording
- Frame size and background color now freely configurable
- Automatic downscaling to fit the framesize
- Optionally upscaling of the phone screen (Cubic Convolution)
- Copy & paste text from the PC to the Phone and vice versa (S60 only)
- Open any URL in the phone browser from a dialog on the PC (S60 only)
The built-in Flash ScreenVideo codec creates standard FLV flash videos compatible with the Adobe Flash Player Version 6 and above. The codec is using an inter-frame based and lossless compression. For creating high quality YouTube videos, Remote Professional can record a video with 480×360 pixels and 30 frames per second either by upscaling the phone screen or by adding artificial noise to ’spoof’ a valid HQ source.
About Remote Professional:
Remote Professional is the ideal tool for viewing and controlling S60 and UIQ 3 based smartphones from a Windows PC.
For the end-user, it helps managing the complete phone from the PC keyboard: sending SMS, adding new contacts, creating calendar entries or starting a phone call.
For the professional, it quickly creates screenshots or screencasts for documentation, displays the phone screen through a beamer for presenting in front of large audiences or acts as a link to automated application testing systems.